Friday, July 13, 2007

Hot! Hot! Hot!

If you've been following the news... you'll know that we had some high temps here in Seattle. We finally are getting back to "normal Seattle weather." It's funny though, because when I was growing up, on the East Coast, I LOVED the heat, even the humidity- bring it on. I would go to the beach with my friends, we would slather on baby oil and lay out for hours. Now, I just can't tolerate it- makes me irritable, grumpy, and tired. Yes, it is nice to play outside, go to the beach, etc, etc, etc but I would much rather do it in the 75-80 degree range with a nice breeze off of the Sound.

I think my husband and kids would agree!!!

---------------------------------------------

I went and got fans for the kids rooms for the hot nights.

Logan's Reaction- "Wow, I get my real own fan like the adults! It makes me feel so refreshed and cool. I love having a cool breeze in my room. It really helps me sleep."
And Anthony and I are looking at each other like, Is this kid really 4?????

Leah's Reaction- We're putting her to bed and she's pretty quiet. We leave her windows open, set up the fan, and give her a cool sheet to sleep with. Again, she's a bit quiet and not her normal bubbly self. Fast Forward to the middle of the night when it's so hot that I can't sleep. I go and check on the kids. Well, I go to the hallway and Leah's fan is sitting on the floor along with the sheet in one big pile! I open her door and she has her big fluffy comforter back on her bed, and all the windows are closed! She was sleeping peacefully- in a pool of sweat. It was so funny. But that's our Leah- if she doesn't want something, by golly, she is not having it. When we asked her about it in the morning, I said, "Leah what happened to all your stuff?" She goes, "No, nothing, I just don't like the fan and new sheet and I had to close my windows!!!"

Never a dull moment here at Team Robinson!

1 comment:

Michelle Constantinescu said...

Sounds like a hot summer everywhere! We finally got a break from the heat with our first actual rain of the summer. Everything is so crunchy, I don't even mind the rain coming on a Saturday.

Thanks for visiting my blog!