Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's the date?




Isn't it only November 10th?? Every store I walk into has full-on Christmas displays complete with trees, lights beyond belief, giant blow up Santas, snowmen, reindeer, the sleigh, and yes, even the Grinch. A larger than life sized Grinch on your front lawn- now that's cute!?!? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the holidays but I also LOVE the autumn time- back to school, Halloween, apples and pumpkins, changing leaves, cool, crisp sunny fall days, and Thanksgiving time with family and friends. I want to enjoy this autumn season... not feel rushed and pressured to dive into Christmas and such. Let's enjoy each season and all that it brings... not rush to the next!

Although I will admit that I'm using the good old, "Santa is watching you!!" phrase a little too much these days... ;-)

2 comments:

Michelle Constantinescu said...

Yeah, I noticed Christmas stuff up in one mall here at the end of September! Other places, the week before Halloween. I feel cheated too, because fall is my favorite time of year. I miss fall decorations!

Unknown said...

Yup, Starbucks has their infamous red cups already! I do love my peppermint soy latte though...