Thursday, May 29, 2008

Leah Hit the Jackpot.




Both Lo and Le have toy chests in their rooms. Usually, toys (clothes, books, Lego creations, art masterpieces and such) are placed on the top with limited access to what's inside (Leah's is filled with dolls, stuffed animals, and a few dress-up/pretend play items while Logan's is filled with books, blankets, stuffed animals, and clothes). We generally don't access the toy chests on a daily basis, (I am thinking that we have enough toys to play with outside of the boxes) although, they are used occasionally during a game of hide-and-go-seek for a superior hiding spot.

Anyway... Leah has a habit of playing in her room an hour (or two) before she settles down and goes to bed for the night. **Anthony and I often sit downstairs in amazement of all the noise she makes... it sounds like she is rearranging all the furniture in her room but the best is when she dances and sings at the top of her lungs!**

So, tonight, all is quiet on the home front, when all of a sudden, Leah comes running downstairs and says (with her pretty eyes open wide), "Mama, did you give me all of those new toys? All of them? You filled my toy box? Thank-you, Mama. I needed all these new toys. I am so happy. Do you want to see them? I can bring you up and show 'em all to you. Come on. Daddy, I got all these new toys that Mama gave me!"

By this time, I imagine that Anthony is thinking, "Not again. I told Laura that we don't need any more toys!"

She is talking a mile a minute and is as happy as can be. I go upstairs with her and sure enough, she has discovered the hidden gems in her toy box!!! Too cute!

No comments: