Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Loss for Words

I think about posting quite often... well, everyday actually, sometimes even twice a day. We've been so busy lately but at the same time, just progressing through our everyday routines. I guess that what happens when you have an active, animated 5 year old boy and a sassy, lively 3 year old girl. Don't get me wrong... life is good- great actually, but boy, am I tired at the end of the day (and at definite periods throughout the day)!! I have been thinking a lot lately about, "Wow, are my kids really 5 and 3? Is Lo really going to Kindergarten in the Fall? There's just no way." Hence, I have been trying to slow down and thoroughly enjoy the "little things in life", the everyday routines I mentioned above... with some examples below.

The way Leah tells me so seriously in the morning (with her hands on her little hips) that she will not wear a specific shirt "because it has blue stripes and blue is a boy color and she needs to wear girl colors because they are her favorite and blue is so, so boring".

How Logan will beg me to let him ride his skateboard to school because he "needs to practice his tricks" (and trust me, he is pretty darn good).

How it doesn't matter that the kitchen is destroyed and things are thrown all over the place because Logan was finding a container for Leah's new pet caterpillar named Fuzzy.

How yes, we can stop and get ice cream and walk along the beach even though it's way past bedtime.

How Leah manages to get glue, glitter, stickers, paint, and sparkles from one end of the house to another because she has been working so hard on projects for Grandma, Papa, Uncle, Monet, Abby, Sara, and even Logan.

How sweet it really is when Lo and Le pick all of the tulips and flowers in our yard (and some of the neighbors, too), leave them on the front porch, ring the doorbell, and run away... all because they wanted to surprise me on Mother's Day.

How it takes us 45 minutes to walk around the block because the kids are so observant and notice every little detail from bugs to flowers to houses to animals.

How Logan was so excited to give me 4 packs of gum on Mother's Day because "I know you love gum, Mama and you always share it with me and I was wondering if I could have some now. I actually got it for both of us."

How "my babies" are now 5 and 3 and they continue to make me the happiest Mom ever and help to remind me about the magical "little things in life"!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

Jet City Jughead said...

I agree and try so hard so often to remind myself that the kids won't want to play forever and that we'll only be their heroes for a short period of time. We'll have the rest of our lives to have a spot-free house and to work on the computer or our projects. We have right now to play and enjoy Logan and Leah so let's do it!

Laura said...

Right on, A!!!