Thursday, February 15, 2007

Word Beads

A teacher at my school does this every week with her students. It's kinda cool! The task is to use the following 5 words in a sentence, story, or poem. The writing piece must demonstrate that you know the definitions of each word and it must make sense. You are able to change the words (vanish = vanished, appreciate = appreciates) and the words may be used in any order. The teacher gets the words out of the book that she is currently reading to the class.

VANISH
APPRECIATE
SURPRISE
VINTAGE
MILKMAN


Here's mine:

I was so embarrassed that I wanted to vanish. I couldn't believe how vintage the milkman was... I appreciate that he is old, but just yesterday, the milkman was a cute, young thing. Much to my surprise, I opened the door today, ready to ask him for a date, but there stood the vintage guy!

Try it, it's fun!
Kim K- I want to see what Danny comes up with!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was very surprised when I saw the vintage milk bottles. It reminded me of the milkman that used to come around and deliver our milk. I really appreciate the memories of that fresh milk now that it has vanished from our way of life.

Laura said...

Ha, Ha... glad I rekindled the memories, Karen!