Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On Good Advice

While reading Wonder Time magazine, I stumbled across these words of wisdom, collected from the magazine's advisory board. I thought they made a lot of sense!

1. Smile more; your face speaks volume to your child.

2. Three things to say more often: "Take your time," It's not your fault," and "I'm sorry, you're right."

3. Listen more, talk less- your CHILD is the best teacher you'll ever have.

4. Care as much about other people's children as you do about your own.

5. Remember that kids don't learn by having knowledge poured into their brains; they learn by experience and through relationships.

6. Expose your child to noble people.

Pretty cool, in my book. Sometimes it is helpful to read these gentle reminders!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is that a teacher magazine? I love those tidbits of info. Thanks!

Laura said...

It's a new parenting magazine that focuses on "celebrating your child's love for learning." The same people who do Family Fun put this mag out also! I really like it!