Friday, December 29, 2006

Adult Time

Last night, Anthony and I went out to dinner at Cafe Juanita in Kirkland with some friends. We had a peaceful, quiet, and relaxing time. It was great to get out and converse with other adults about adult topics! Yes, the kids did come up a few times but for the most part, we stuck to other subjects. And the food was exquisite. Anthony had to translate the menu items for me but we settled with fancy beef in a cream cheese sauce for appetizer, pear and pine nut salad, and I had a pasta dish while Anthony had the lamb. We all had cocktails and 2 bottles of wine to accompany the dinner! And then came dessert... a fine cheese tray (which was too rich for me), cheesecake for Anthony, and fancy hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows for me! Yum, yum, yum! Thanks Anthony, for a lovely, special dinner and the feeling that yes, I still am an adult and really enjoy restaurants that DO NOT have a kids menu accompanied with crayons!

No comments: