Saturday, December 9, 2006

Ski Patrol

In my family, winter equals skiing! For the past few years, it seems like I was either pregnant or with a newborn so I haven't skied too much- just here and there. We usually go on one big ski trip in the winter with my whole family and then take a few trips up to local resorts occasionally. Until... my big-boy son started ski lessons! Last year, he took a 4-week lesson that met every Saturday from 9:30-12. It was amazing to see Little Lo, fearless as can be, go zooming down the bunny hill. He LOVED it. And he was even brave enough to go on the big ski lift toward the end of the season. So, this year, Logan starts his lessons in January and they will run for 6 weeks. Now, the one thing that concerns me is that the lessons are from 9:30 until 2:00! Yes, that is 4 1/2 hours!!! Now, I don't even ski for that long. He does get a lunch break with us from 11:30-12:45 so that will be good. I was a bit concerned about the length of the lessons but my husband, who is always thinking, reminded me that it's not all skiing- the kids play inside, make snowmen, have snowball fights, and basically, have a great time. There is 1 instructor for every 2 kids so it's pretty individualized. Now, my other concern is that Ms. Leah, is going to want to ski once she sees all of us do it. We can keep her away from the slopes around Seattle... but when we go on our trip come January, we might be in trouble! Hopefully, she will be content riding in the little purple sled! Although, she did already say (in her little robot voice), "Leah ski, too, with Logan." Too funny! So, pray for snow and a good ski season for ALL!

No comments: