Saturday, December 9, 2006

Thinking...

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." -Michelangelo

I read this quote the other day and it really got me thinking. I feel like I am a pretty successful person (not in terms of how much money I make, but in terms of what I do). I fulfilled my dream of becoming an educator and have been teaching for 10 years- and I LOVE it! Wow, 10 years- that is scary and makes me seem OLD! I also have a family and try to be the best mother and wife I can be. All in all, things these days are great. What more could I and do I want? I haven't thought about it too much, given that I am extremely happy with the way things are right now- great job, supportive, loving husband, and 2 healthy, happy, and totally cute kids. However, once I look deeper, yes, there are some other things I would like to do and accomplish- as an individual. Of course, as a given, I will continue to be the best mom and wife I can be... keeping myself knowledgeable of the different stages and experiences that my kids go though and guiding them through life. To me, this is the most important thing. However, once I think about it, I do have other hopes and dreams. My friend Misa has a "Life To Do" list. It was an assignment that she was required to do during her college years and she continues to add to it. She mentioned that some things on her list are real simple and basic while others are more elaborate and harder to attain. I really like this idea... a life to do list!! I just might have to start one!!!

No comments: