Friday, December 29, 2006

Story Time



Bangkok 8- My current book club read. I have yet to start it but I am looking forward to reading this mystery/thriller. A first in this genre for our book club. Good choice Misa.

Buddhism for Mothers- My latest parenting book that I LOVE. It doesn't tell me how to parent and what to do but helps me be more calm, patient, and relaxed so that my kids (and husband too, I imagine) benefit as well. Very interesting to read about Buddhism and how its 7 principles can help us in all areas of life- focuses on meditation and living in the moment. Cool!

Why Gender Matters- Another must-have for parents and teachers that examines the emerging science of sex differences. Tells how boys and girls see the world differently and how these differences have implications for best teaching practices as well as effective parenting. This helps me to understand why Logan loves Superheroes and Leah loves her dolls!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED Buddism for Mothers. We read it for our book club last year and it is one I can read over and over. The "differences matter" book looks really interesting. I will put it on my library list. Thanks for the tip!

Laura said...

No problem... I love reading- it is my escape!