Monday, November 27, 2006

FRUSTRATED!!!

So, our little Leah is turning 2 on Wednesday... Her big present is a toy kitchen. After I did EXTENSIVE research online and in stores, we decided to go with the Target Play Wonder Kitchen. It is brightly colored, which I love and also is the "island style" kitchen. Anth and I started putting it together tonight and well, we got to about step 2 in the directions and what a piece of JUNK!!! I should have known since I only paid $80 for the thing but come on... the paint was chipped- in large chunks, the wood was warped and cracked, and the thing was as sturdy as a chair with 3 legs... I am so DISAPPOINTED because I just wanted it to be done with and ready to go on Wednesday for Sweet Le. So, after doing more research, I think we will go with the Small World Toys Sink/Stove Combo and also the Kid Refrigerator... both of which are about $100 each! I didn't really want to spend that kind of money but I guess in this case the old saying is true- "You get what you pay for." And you guys know me, once I have it in my mind that I want something, I do all I can to get it... but I know Leah will love the kitchen. Luckily, Top Ten Toys sells the Small World Stuff but I think I also may swing by Pottery Barn Kids and check out their equally EXPENSIVE stuff... aaaahhhhh!

PS- Can you believe my BABY is turning 2!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to know about that Target kitchen! I was thinking about getting Riley the target kitchen for her 2nd b-day (april). I guess I will check out other options now! I can hardly believe Leah is turning two! I remenber the first time I saw her when you cam over to my tiny house in Greenlake and we were all in awe of her!