Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Home Snow and Ice

So, with the snow, ice, and 21 degree weather, the city has basically shut down... I think it is so funny- most people here don't even know what a snow storm is... back East we used to get 2+ feet of snow in 8 hours. It was so fun- hot cocoa, snow ball fights, sledding, and snowmen galore! Anyway, be it a mild storm or a severe one, East Coast or West Coast, snow is fun! It creates a magical and peaceful feeling... and I love looking outside to see the snow covered trees, grass, and streets.
Anyway, after being stuck inside all day, we were lucky enough to convince my Mom and Dad to come over to watch the kids for a few hours. Anth and I quickly took off and headed Birthday/Christmas shopping! We got the new kitchen, which I am going to put together after this posting... along with some other miscellaneous toys. We then went to lunch at Dad Watson's and to the Grocery Store to stock up on food! It was nice to get out just the two of us. We enjoyed each other's company, regrouped, and discussed the upcoming Holiday's.
On that note, wish me luck with kitchen assembly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we're getting your weather here in Rochester where it's going to be 65 degrees today and even warmer tomorrow...

Not lasting too long though as we're supposed to get snow on Sat.

Unknown said...

I hope the kitchen assembly goes well!

Laura said...

Yes, EZ, I think the weather has switched! Funny... and we are supposed to get 4-6 inches tonight!

Karen- Kitchen assembly went well... and I love this kitchen! I will post a picture of it. We ordered the refrigerator online- just in time for Christmas. Expensive but worth it, I guess. Target one was SO disappointing!