Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Jump Pile

So, the latest game in our house is called Jump Pile and it goes something like this...

I am busy cooking, cleaning, talking on the phone, working on the computer or doing whatever it is I do
. Logan and Leah are playing together and I think, wow, the kids are playing so nicely, I haven't heard any cries or screams for 30 seconds... and I go back to what I was doing.

It's so peaceful and quiet... I could forget the kids are even home... but of course, I don't. Instead I finally decide to go check and see what they are doing. Well, they are playing Jump Pile. Silly me, I should have known...

Jump Pile is when Lo and Le take ALL the blankets, crib/bed sheets, pillows, stuffed animals, and any other random "soft stuff" they can find and throw it behind the couch. And, guess what? Yes, they jump from the top of the couch onto their newly constructed Jump Pile. Fun! And Logan is so proud of himself and says, "Mama, Leah and I are having SO much fun! Aren't we playing so nice together. We are best buddies" They were both so happy... I just had to let them do it. (Well, they continued to play in the jump pile but the jumping from the couch was quickly put to an end.)

Next night, I go out to dinner with friends and come home to a somewhat harried Anthony. I ask him what's wrong and he says, "'The Jump Pile, the Jump Pile has expanded." He continues, "Lo and Le took ALL of their clothes out of their dressers and added them to the jump pile behind the couch. I just spent 1 hour refolding and putting clothes away." All I could do was laugh... And if you all know me, you know my kids have a lot of clothes.

So, now the fun game of Jump Pile has rules: No clothing allowed!!!!! (And no actually jumping into the pile).

By the way, Anthony did an awesome job of putting all the clothes away. I love his organization. Although I will occasionally find one of Leah's shirts in Logan's drawers or vice versa! This happened about 2 weeks ago and Jump Pile is still a huge hit in our house. I highly recommend it to all of you who have kids... it will keep them entertained for hours and you all will be soon thanking me. :)

No comments: