Saturday, November 11, 2006

PINE NEEDLES!!!

Conversation between Anthony and Laura...

A: What are you doing? On the computer again?
L: Well, I'm posting to my blog.
A (laughing): Didn't you just get done with your first posting?
L: Yes, but I like it... and I have some things I need to say.
A: Oh boy, now we'll really never see you...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, we have this nice (for the most part) BIG pine tree in the front of our house. And I really do like it as it provides us with privacy, shade, and looks okay (I think the house would be totally bare in the front without it) but I tell ya, come fall and winter, we have pine needles as far as the eye can see. We're talking BILLIONS. Pine needles COVER our driveway, front steps, and probably 20 feet of the sidewalk in front of our house. Let me tell you, these little things stick to your shoes, and now our house is also covered with pine needles and I HATE it. They are everywhere and are a huge pain to clean up.

Logan and I have special yard work time and it's a good thing I have such a hard little worker on my hands. We go out and sweep and sweep and sweep and sweep some more. Logan uses his little broom, makes a huge pile, and then sccops them up with the dust pan and dumps them into the yard waste bin. And he feels SO proud and important that he is my little helper. And he actually is a BIG help. But it doesn't matter... 2 hours later, we are covered with pine needles again! Just so you get an idea of how many I am talking about, we filled up 3/4 of our yard waste bin today with, yup, pine needles. Three-fourths of our bin with pine needles and we still have more...

Anyway, so I told Anthony that we should trim this damn tree- not that it would help with the pine needle situation but it did need a trim. Next thing I know, he's at the neighbor's house borrowing their ladder. And trimming he did! Way to go, A. However, he told me it was my job to clean up the mess. Which is no problem because we are a team, after all. So, here I am for an hour or so sawing these huge branches into smaller pieces. It was great stress relief. I don't mind the work but the thing that really upsets me is that all these trimmings and clippings would be SO great in another month to use as decorations for Christmas. They smelled so good and would look so nice as garland on our mantle or arranged in a vase with some holly. Well, I guess we will just have to have another tree trimming party closer to Christmas. (Sorry Anth). And that is my story of the pine needles. The never ending pine needles.

No comments: