Saturday, November 11, 2006

Random Acts of Kindness

This week (Nov 11-17) is World Kindness Week. I like to think that I am a kind person (usually but no one is perfect)!! I saw an article in a newspaper about Random Acts of Kindness. On a day to day basis, I do kind things for people- open the door for them, lend a hand if needed, let others go first, smile to strangers. These things are "normal occurrances" for me and I feel like it is the right/polite thing to do. But why not take it a step further? Pay for a latte of the car behind you, buy flowers and stick 1-2 under windshield wipers of various cars, give an unexpected or random card to a neighbor, stranger, or friend letting them know they are special, leave a couple of Hershey Kisses on your neighbor's front porch, offer to pump the gas or load the groceries into the car for an elderly person. Most of these are pretty simple- and fun! What will you do???

1 comment:

Guppy said...

Hi

I agree It's nice sometimes to just give the postman some cookies for the road or a special friend a coffee certificate.

We all are too involved in the hurry up process. Neeed to learn how to get off the merry go round.

Guppy