Sunday, November 19, 2006

Tonight for dinner we had...

ICE CREAM!! Yes, ice cream. It was such a long day today. Not long in a bad way (everyone was in good moods and got along with each other) but just long! We usually go to my parents house every Sunday for dinner but we didn't today since my Mom is in Florida (luckily, she will be home tomorrow). And man, did the day drag on. We did some fun stuff- went to the Yulefest and saw Santa, Leah and I went shopping (again) while A and Logan went to the dump (big excitement for Logan) and the Farmers Market, went to hang out with a neighbor and her kids, and Papa even came over for a visit. We played every game we own, made hand print turkeys and hand print Christmas trees (which came out SO cute), cut shapes out of different colored felt and jumped from one shape to the next, played hide and seek, made forts out of blankets and furniture... and the list goes on and on. It really was fun to hang at home and get down and play with the kids but my creativity was slowly diminishing.

Back to ice cream for dinner. As many of you know, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are excellent eaters and were snacking on pears, carrots, and ham all day. I had chicken out and was going to whip something up but I just didn't feel like it. So... I surprised everyone and served ice cream. The looks on Lo and Le's faces were priceless... I think they thought I was nuts!! Of course, it was enjoyed by all. And for their bedtime snack, they had more pear, carrots, and ham!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have to to win some sort of prize for being the best mom ever! Good job! ;-)