Friday, November 17, 2006

What the ....???

These are the new storage pieces that are described below along with new coffee table and painting in living room.







So, on Wednesday, Anthony and I were cleaning out the garage a little bit... Logan who was suppose to be resting, comes in, looks around and says, "What the hell is going on in here? You guys made a HUGE mess." It was funny!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Which leads me to a discussion about our house. Now, we live in a GREAT neighborhood with awesome neighbors with kids of all ages who all play together and a few older girls who are excellent babysitters. There is a real sense of community. We are close to the city, our work, and have about 6 fun playgrounds within walking distance. Sounds great, huh? Well, I like our house, it is a cute little 3 bedroom thing, the kitchen is very nice (well, a little small but I can handle that), with a great fenced in back yard. I LOVE the kids bedrooms (thanks to my decorating) and I am happy with the rest of the upstairs- finally got it all decorated and looking presentable. BUT I feel like we are bursting at the seams. I want space- closet space, an extra bedroom, separate office, and playroom. Right now, we have our "multi-purpose room" downstairs, as I like to call it. I am finally getting to a point where I am ready to "tackle" the downstairs... our bedroom is coming along, we got new bedding, hung some nice pictures on the wall, organized a bit, and I am looking at paint samples for the walls. (If anyone has suggestions for a paint color, please let me know. I am open to ANYTHING that would be calming, comfortable for a bedroom). So, my big project is the multi-purpose room. I got some real nice storage pieces and that helps a bit. I actually need to go and buy one more which will be even better but I am still at a loss as what to do with the large space. I think we are going to get a sectional couch, get rid of the blue bed (sorry, Meg!!!) and create more of a family room area and then a separate playroom area. This will help to divide the room and hopefully, will make it look not so awkward. But what about the desk and computer? Should we given in and get a laptop (I had one before but I really prefer the desktops)? Get a small desk and move it into our bedroom? I think laptop with wireless Internet is the route to go. Again, for those of you who know what our downstairs looks like, PLEASE give me ideas, suggestions... I am at a loss... I also want to paint in there and am looking at blues/greens- one dark accent wall and the rest a lighter shade. Once I (we) decide on the color, I can get some cute pictures for the play area and nicer ones for the living area. Also, I DO NOT like our fireplace downstairs. Any ideas of what I can do to make that more pleasing to the eye? Can I paint the bricks? I think white might look better but I have no idea...
So, that is the current situation with our house. I often think about moving out to the country- where we would be able to build a brand NEW house, with a ton of space for a lot less BUT I'm not ready to do that. I LOVE living in the city and especially, in our particular neighborhood.

So, please advice wanted.... and thanks!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I will still come visit....even if I can't sleep on the infamous blue bed....I will just bunk with Logan!

Unknown said...

Where did you get those storage units? We could use some to control our clutter...Also, regarding bedroom colors, I love a sage green! Very calming!

Laura said...

Sage green... I like it! Will have to explore various shades at the paint store. Got the new storage bins from IKEA- I love IKEA and I actually want to go back to get a few more things! Hey, are you going ot be in Seattle this weekend? Give me a call if you haev any free time!
L

Unknown said...

They are building an IKEA in Portland, hopefully it will open next spring or summer! We will be in Seattle Friday - Sunday, Andy is running the marathon on Sunday so not sure what our plans are yet.